Monday, December 05, 2005

My first run...

Yea...so I finally got out there and ran today! It was icy in our neighborhood, but there was a half mile stretch that was clear, so I ran with my friend Amy (she is on the TNT half-marathon team going to Phoenix in January) Amy is running much farther than I can - so I just joined up with her for a short run - I ran almost a mile and a half which I was happy about as my first run. I have long way to go before I'll feel comfortable with the run, but I've run before (in one of my past lives) so I know I CAN do it, and I know that I can ramp it up fairly quickly. The swim is the area that I've never done before, and while I have a strong stroke, I need to master the breathing and the endurance. As far as biking - I love my spinning classes - it is a great workout and hopefully it will be getting me ready for those California hills.

1 comment:

Michele/Little Blue said...

Great Job Megan! That really is encouraging... you will be able to run 3 or 4 before you know it!