Saturday, June 10, 2006

Back in the Pink

So long since my last post, but much has changed. After being sidelined with my broken foot for several months this winter, I resumed my training and had my Team in Training account transferred from Wildflower to the Dave Scott Texas Man Triathlon in Dallas on September 17th!! I'm now into my fourth week following the training schedule, and all is well. The swimming finally "clicked" for me and I find that I love it now that I figured out how to breathe. Funny thing, air... Biking is going great, as I bought a beautiful new Trek that fits me perfectly. My rides are smooth and fun, though I know I'll have to work on speed at some point! The team is much smaller than the Wildflower team, I think we only have 5 people. But, my good friend Amy is on the team and my other good friend Karen is our swim coach, so that helps quite a bit. I love doing this with friends!!

4 comments:

Rosie said...

Hi. I guess I goofed up when I tried to leave a comment before. ANYWAYS - Great to see you back in the game.
You may not remember me, but I'm one of the THREE sisters. Only two of us were able to go to Wildflower, and unfortunately, Chris did not make the course cut off. If you ever have the option to go in an earlier wave - DO IT!, regardless of what your projected finish time is.

Okay - if you want to read the gory details about our race, go to http://sisters-tri-team.blogspot.com/

Anyway -- Good for you. I got a Trek WSD (Woman Specific Design) road bike and I love it. It really makes for a more enjoyable ride. Now, if the motorized vehicles could just find a different road :)

I'm just now getting back to training. Took more than a month off. I'm shooting for a July 4th 10K race. Feeling a bit sore right now, but it actually feels good.

Good luck with your training. I'll be checking out your blog from time to time.

BuckeyeRunner said...

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP mcse used maternity clothes in bayarea advice+financial+investing+toronto my financial advisor craps software business Free money roulette wheels investing advice site investing and option investing allows Freeware bookkeeping programs Free mpeg wife interracial Cheap laptops at mtech laptops

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! cannon i70 printer Dedicated servers based in malta Model tmd 36ab wrist type blood pressure monitor repair ford engines blood+pressure+monitor+review Jp pilates performer http://www.proactivsolution4.info tamiflu 75mg distributor china Visa merchant account estore Mcp circuit breaker iszing blood pressure cuff wall rack http://www.buy-prozac-online.info/Lexapro-anorgasmia-buspar---buspar-online---delivered-to-your.html diabetes high blood pressure impotance Inverness hair removal Virus panda free scan bradford webcam eye floaters high blood pressure Black labrador computer wallpaper Best western hotel baton rouge la Mustang vs porsche