Friday, January 06, 2006

Pink is feeling BLUE...

On Monday of this week, as I was completing an awesome workout focused on weights and core exercises, I fell and twisted my ankle. As I was going down, I heard and felt a distinct "snap". Laying on the ground, trying to get up - I realized my knee was HURTING!!! Left ankle, right knee... turns out that the ankle is fractured in two spots and the knee is badly twisted. So, what does the orthopedic say when I tell him I'm training for a triathlon?? "Oh no you're not!!" I'm to sit on my couch with my legs up for the next three weeks (while my children turn into beasts and rule the house???) Training is supposedly out for 8 weeks, but I'll get a review in 3 weeks. Needless to say, I'm beyond frustrated. But, at this point - I am not giving up!! I'll see what they say and see what I might be able to do in the remaining time. Let's hope I can train again soon.

4 comments:

E-Speed said...

Take it easy! Good thing is that once you recover tri training is a great way to get back in shape quickly and safely.

If for some reason you cannot complete wildflower just get a docs note, give it to Nicci. All your fundraising so far can be transfered and used at a later TNT event. Maybe the Chicago Tri this August!

You will get through this!

runlady said...

8 weeks! strewth...
Maybe you will still be able to swim??

BuckeyeRunner said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry about your ankle!! Try not to get too down. Like Elizabeth says, it is early in the year. There are a lot of great late summer and fall tri's out there. Just make sure you recover 100%. You should be able to do some exercise shortly - swim, bike, maybe? We'll see. Just hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

Megan - when Leah said you hurt your ankle when we had Liquid N-durance on Thursday - I thought, strain or sprain. Bummer - fracture. Please don't push it. We want to see you out there healed. There's always another Team in Training event out there to do - and you want to be healthy to do it. Maybe concentrate on swimming after you get the okay.. Okay, I'm not a doctor, but I COULD play one on television (old joke, but a good one).
Hope we see you at the Swim workshop if only to pass on some encouragement.

I know it must be tough. You seemed so determined and focused. We're praying for quick and thorough recovery.

THE BROOKs SISTERS!